TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A liberated carp - courtesy of Mr Howard

+2
Lucky-13
The Welshman
6 posters

Go down

A liberated carp - courtesy of Mr Howard Empty A liberated carp - courtesy of Mr Howard

Post by The Welshman Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:09 pm

John, Russ and I have been thinking about how we can take advantage of the low water levels.

One of the things we've talked about is the carp that we know are "behind the net". For the newer members, we put the net in about 2 years ago, when the water was at similar levels to what the Res is at now.

Over the course of the past two years, there have been various sightings of the "Colditz Carp" by anglers in the House and Gulley. This has narked us all over time, but that's how it was, when we put the net in. We knew there were going to be fish "trapped" behind the net. There was nothing we could do about it. For those who fished the Res before the net, I'm sure we'd all agree that the Carp Barrier has had a profound effect on the fishing, levelling the playing field, in terms of swim choice and chances of catching etc.

Anyway, over the past week or so, John, Russ and I have been chatting about how to liberate the fish that are trapped behind the net. Mr Howard has taken the bull by the horns, and is fishing behind the net tonight, and has caught a 26lb 4oz common. Obviously, John has returned it to the proper side of the net immediately.

So - there is a new sizeable 25lb+ fish to go at - and bare in mind - this fish won't have seen a boilie for knocking on 2 years. I'm sure it'll be stacking on some weight once it gets the taste for some round balls.

John, Russ and I are going to have a pop at the Colditz carp over the next couple of weeks. ALL will be weighed, and ALL will be reported on here (unless there's a 40 behind there !!! Very Happy Very Happy - joke !). It's a bailiffs only thing, but we WILL tell you the outcome of any fishing there. Hopefully, we can tell you about some tidy new fish that we all have the opportunity to go at.

Tight lines.

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

A liberated carp - courtesy of Mr Howard Empty Re: A liberated carp - courtesy of Mr Howard

Post by Lucky-13 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Get the pic up John. I'll let you know if it's the one I saw! bounce
Lucky-13
Lucky-13
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.blackmarketbaits.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A liberated carp - courtesy of Mr Howard Empty Re: A liberated carp - courtesy of Mr Howard

Post by carpsy04 Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Very good John keep up the good work get as many out as possable mate,Thats where Mick's 30 may be as it aint been out this year and at an all time new weight 35+ lets all hope anyway...
See you all soon

Simon...
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:49 pm

I baited up behind the net on Friday night, and got there for first light on Saturday morning.

After some serious creeping about, I got two rods in, literally 5 feet from the bank.

Went up the tree, and watched.......and watched........and watched. After a couple of hours, I saw the first carp - a small mirror of about (and I'm rubbish at judging fish sizes) low doubles. It went over the bait, not stopping for a second. After another half an hour, two commons made their way out of the channel, one a turbo of mid doubles, and another larger fish, of around 20lbs. I saw these two swimming together at least 10 times over the course of the next 3 hours. The only other carp I saw was another solitary common, of about 15lbs, I'd estimate.

I didn't see any other carp. That's not to say there's not more up there, but these are the only ones I actually saw. They didn't show any interest in the bait, but by the time I left, it was 28 degrees and beating sun, so not the best fishing weather.

We;re going to keep baiting it up, and hopefully, in proper conditions, we may be able to winkle a few more out.

The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:08 pm

not that bad then Keith if thats all thats in there im sure you John or Russ will get them out and im sure you will let us all no aswell...

Simon Very Happy
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:14 pm

John and I had a little go behind the net tonight until around 10pm. The carp weren't playing ball, and not a single bleep was had.

I've had a look at the 26lb+ common which John had out last week, from behind the net, and both of us think it's the "silver" common which has been out at 27lb last year, and the one which Simon had earlier in the year............. can only say "we think", as we need to verify it. Anyway, we "think" it's this one...............

https://tardebiggeanglers.forummotion.com/t337-recent-captures-by-yours-truly-and-others

The last two pics.
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky-13 Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Shame you can't see its tail. I can't tell if its the one I saw with the split in the lower lobe.
Lucky-13
Lucky-13
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.blackmarketbaits.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by swimmers_mate Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:16 pm

That fish in the last 2 pics looks very much like simons new 30 from the other week does it not???
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.heroesandvillains.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by indyrich Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Funnily enough I don't recognise any of them! News reaches me that Sacha's had a 26 and a 13 in the last day or so. Sure he won't mind me sharing the news, leaves me somewhat on my own now as a basic duck-feeder!
indyrich
indyrich
BREAM ANGLER
BREAM ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Longcast Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Yes your right it does look like the same fish that I had a few week ago buy if you look closely at the scale patten they are slightly different.

Longcast
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by indyrich Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:22 pm

If you right click on the photo then select Open image in new tab you'll get the whole picture

Rich
indyrich
indyrich
BREAM ANGLER
BREAM ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 am

had a good look this these pictures well i think ive been looking the right ones anyway i dont think its the same fish

Simon
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down