TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water level

4 posters

Go down

Water level Empty Water level

Post by shawn h Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm not sure if you guys know but I was reading the Worcester news at work today and there was an article saying the new marina in droitwich by the rugby club is ready three weeks early and they are planning to fill it with water from the res!
shawn h
shawn h
NODDY
NODDY

Back to top Go down

Water level Empty Re: Water level

Post by carpsy04 Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:55 pm

are they just draining it from the res or other lakes as well???

Simon
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by shawn h Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:43 pm

It only said tarde in the article so I walked my dog past on Friday afternoon and the Marina holds 238 moorings so you can imagine it's a fair size and will take some filling
shawn h
shawn h
NODDY
NODDY

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:48 pm

if this the case then when the water is down it should heat up faster there for fish all through the winter lets hope so anyway

Simon
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by swimmers_mate Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:34 am

Lets hope they dont fill it up in one go What a Face Little and often is my moto Very Happy
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.heroesandvillains.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Don't think there's anything to worry about, chaps.

The water was down in the summer as Waterways were taking it off to keep the Driotwich stretch wet, as apparently, it was just running through and out of the marina. Hence why the Res was so low this summer. Apparently, they cocked up the work originally down there, and have had to re-do it. Now it's finished and they will be taking water off the Res to fill it.

However, the Res is currently "full", so it's not going to be a problem.

As Simon says, I knew the Res would fish for longer this autumn and into winter, as they put 8/9 feet of water back in there off the canal in November/December. The water off the canal would have been warmer than the water in the Res, so it basically heated up the Res, comparitively, for this time of year.

No names/no swims etc, but John Howard has been fishing up until this week, and has been smashing them up, as the "warmer" water + fairly mild weather for this time of year (compare it to this time last year when the Res had a lid on for the whole of December and well into January) has extended the fishing.

I'll keep my eye on it, too, but even if Waterways took 10 feet off the Res, it'd be fine, as they could always shelter in the 25 feet + of water left at the Dam wall end !!! LOL !!!

Have a great Christmas, fellow Tardebiggers, and looking forward to seeing you on the bank in 2012.

Hope Santa brings you a few new tarty bits.

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down