TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work party weekend

5 posters

Go down

Work party weekend Empty Work party weekend

Post by RUSS Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Hiya guys (and girl !) just wanted to say a massive thank you to all who attended the work pary over the weekend of 17 18 th jan, (last weekend). As any one who ventures over the far side for the first this year will be able to see, the amount of work that was completed was, to be honest, staggering!!!! The two new swims that were installed required the removal of in excess of 20 tonns of dead and dangerous trees, soil and scrub land and all this was completed in just two short days.Along with this we managed to totally re surface the RUNWAY swim and add much needed extra supports also, mesh out the stages on the canal bank and dam wall,along with the acess steps to them.hopefully making them a little less slippy!!! A special thank you has to go to Grant for his highly efficient LUKE SKYWALKER impression with the monsterous 4 ft chainsaw that seemed to be an extention to his arm! Thanks fella.
Every one put in 100% effort and hopefuly all will be rewarded for those who make the journey over t0 the far side of the res this year.
As far as i can tell there were no casualties except for a certian Mr Ebdon who has had to have the rest of the week off work due to an injured arm which, while stopping him from fitting any windows, dose not seem to have affected his ability to bash a lead out to the gulley swim from the dam wall. so all good on that front Laughing
As most are aware there will be a furthur two work party weekends this winter, one to finish that which we started this time and one to errect the fish screen at the north end of the lake. dates to be confirmed, and i hope to see a few different faces on the next one but of course, all are welcome.
so on that note im off to tie some rigs for friday night in the hope of banking the first one of the year. Thanks again, and remember, TAKE ONLY PHOTOS, LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS......

RUSS...
RUSS
RUSS

Back to top Go down

Work party weekend Empty Re: Work party weekend

Post by The Welshman Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:24 pm

Yep. It was the best workparty I've been on Tardebigge. Loads done, and if we can get as much done on the next one, as we did this, then the new swims etc will be looking good.

Down the bottom of this page, you can "Report an Abuse". I'd like to report 2 abuses !! Stokie Paul and Jim, for staying over the canal bank side and taking all day to put a bit of chicken wire on 4 stagings (!!! Very Happy ) and abuse of my liver afterwards in the Cross !!!!

Seriously - good to meet a few new faces, and to catch up with a few old ones. Next work party, we'll be grafting to the taste of Brains SA........or as it's better known in my country, "skull attack".

Jim - can we book a lift with Amy now please?!?!?!?!?!? Razz
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbo Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:51 pm

Amys taxi at our service! This SA sounds a bit potent, hope it dont stand for Sick Afterwoods, cant get her to drive and mop up the chunks!!!
jimbo
jimbo
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by stokiepaul Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:01 am

How rude welshman, that'll little bit of wire may just well save your life one slippy damp morning! I did feel a bit guilty though, well until about the 8th pint! Good effort fellas here's to the next one! (beer session that is not work party!) bounce

Brains SA is a nice drink, sampled a few flaggens of it at the grove beer festival last year!
stokiepaul
stokiepaul
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Carp~Baron Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi All
sorry to miss the work party Sad
it might just be me but i was not aware there was a work party confused

Carp~Baron
NODDY
NODDY

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:50 pm

That's what they all say, Bern !!! Wink (Seriously, didn't you receive the letter from Russ over Christmas?)

Your supervisory skills were noted at the last work party, as in, "put that barrow of REALLY REALLY heavy clay, which YOU'VE just dug, there please" !!!! Very Happy

lol! lol! lol!
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down