TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am new to the lake and need some advice

3 posters

Go down

Am new to the lake and need some advice Empty Am new to the lake and need some advice

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:57 am

Can anyone give me any tips on were to fish or is it best to just look for any fish before seting up. Also were is this long hole im hearing about. Cheers Andy.

Back to top Go down

Am new to the lake and need some advice Empty Re: Am new to the lake and need some advice

Post by The Welshman Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi Andy

At the moment, the fish seem to be coming off from all over the lake, so best thing to do is to find a spot, or two, a couple of nights in advance of your trip. Bait them up a couple of nights and then fish it.

The Tardebigge fish are notorious for not really showing themselves, although if you can catch dawn/dusk with no wind, you may be able to see some bubblers/fish moving underneath the surface (bow waves etc).

The long hole is the swim on the canal bank side just past the sleuce (up towards the house). We fished it last night with no success, bar some "ready for spawning, spotted up bream". I think I spoke to you, from looking at your avatar, when you came up with your mate for a lookaround. We were set up in the Long Hole.

I'd say there's no "best swim" at the moment. Others may differ. But there's been fish out of nearly all the swims that have been fished.

I'm fairly free this week, so if you want to have a walk around the place, and a chat, give me a buzz on (07917) 838604. I can at very least tell you the names of the swims, and try to answer any questions you may have. I'll be putting some bait in, so you'll be able to know where NOT to fish, at least !!!! Very Happy Very Happy lol!

Cheers

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

Am new to the lake and need some advice Empty Re: Am new to the lake and need some advice

Post by MARTIN Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:07 am

Hi Andy, you will find most of the members will give you help and advice, so do not be afraid to ask, just watch out for Keith HE IS WELSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jocolor jocolor lol! lol!
MARTIN
MARTIN
Admin
Admin

http://tardebiggeanglers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:05 am

Andy

Martin makes a good point. Don't wear anything wooly !!! Wink

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishmaster-Zero Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Andy can look after himself hes not afraid of a bit of man love in order to get the info he needs! Sad

What baits tend to work on here then lads or is that a bit of an anything goes kind of senario aswell?
Fishmaster-Zero
Fishmaster-Zero
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Fishy baits tend to go OK. (there's a large hint !!!).
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishmaster-Zero Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:02 am

Well thats a bit of a bummer I went to quality baits last months and bought all the ingreadients for 30kg's of the finest fish meal boilies money can buy, well.....I can roll at least anyway! lol

Is there any truth that pop ups dont work in water this deep?
Fishmaster-Zero
Fishmaster-Zero
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:15 am

Don't know, mate. I very rarely use them. I'm a bottom man. Matron !!! Fishmeals will do proud, mate.
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishmaster-Zero Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:47 am

Well they have to be used now anyway lol!

Will go and pick up 10kg of Euro Tutti's lol!!!
Fishmaster-Zero
Fishmaster-Zero
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down