TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stock levels

Go down

stock levels Empty stock levels

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 7:24 pm

hi i was wondering what the stock level is i been told theres between 80 to120 carp in the lake ,is this correct if not could someone give me sum infro would be much appreciated cheers karl

Back to top Go down

stock levels Empty Re: stock levels

Post by The Welshman Sun May 17, 2009 12:08 pm

Hiya Karl.

About 60 fish were stocked 7 ish years ago. Pretty much half commons and mirrors, with quite a few of the mirrors being simmos. However, some of the mirrors are fullys or heavily scaled long fish. The weights at stocking varied from 7/8lbish to the biggest, which was 16lb at the time. Rough figures, but about right.

The commons and non Simmo mirrors have thrived and grown on, but the simmos (apart from a few which have not been caught for a while) average between 18lb - 22lb.

The lake record is a 33lb common, which came out twice last year (once in May (ish) and once in October) and in 2007 it came out at least 6 times, all to different anglers, between 28lb and scraper 30. There are a couple of fish which are high 20s (there was a 28lb common out this morning, that usually swims around at 24s), and probably a couple that have pushed over into 30s, but have not been caught.

The good news is that over the past couple of years, the anglers have started to catch the turbos - the spawn of the original stocked fish, and these are coming out anywhere between 5lbs and 18lbs !!!! These turbos are large framed - mainly commons - and are going to overtake the stocked fish in the next 3 - 4 years - IN MY OPINION.

Again - IN MY OPINION - and having talked to the regulars a lot about the total number of carp in the lake, we estimate that there's between 150 and 200, but clearly, there's no way of telling accurately.

Hope this goes some way to answering your question. If you want to have a chat about it, feel free to come over for a cuppa/tinny !!!

All the best

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 1:27 am

cheers for the infro mt once i start fishing there at the end of the month you be sure i pob over and have a cuppa,you have to show us sum pics of the fish mt cheers karl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Mon May 18, 2009 7:35 am

You're best off speaking to Jim, then !!!! He keeps them all on his camera !!!
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Mon May 18, 2009 11:29 am

Karl

If you trawl some of the General Gossip and Catch Report sections of this forum, there are quite a few photos of the fish.

As stated, Jim has a lot of photos from the last couple of seasons on his camera. He'd be a very good person to speak to.

Cheers

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 8:02 am

cheers for the infro mt i been looking though the forum and have seen sum of fish cheers karl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down