TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Luck to all those fishing on the weekend

3 posters

Go down

Good Luck to all those fishing on the weekend Empty Good Luck to all those fishing on the weekend

Post by The Welshman Fri May 02, 2008 7:08 am

Good luck chaps.

I'm hoping to get a night in on Sunday.

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

Good Luck to all those fishing on the weekend Empty Re: Good Luck to all those fishing on the weekend

Post by MARTIN Fri May 02, 2008 9:17 am

nice photo matey !!!!!!!!!!!! going up 2day for weekend with mrs
MARTIN
MARTIN
Admin
Admin

http://tardebiggeanglers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Good Luck to all those fishing on the weekend Empty Re: Good Luck to all those fishing on the weekend

Post by The Welshman Fri May 02, 2008 9:35 am

Will see you down there, then, Mr P. Need to have a chat to you, so will pop round for a chat. 2 sugars, mate !!!! Very Happy
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishmaster-Zero Sat May 03, 2008 4:15 pm

Good luck bud, as of 7pm yesterday when I went home almost every swim was occupied!

Whats the name of the two pegs very close together from the far side about 2/3 of the way round?

Any hint or tips on fishing them as all I seemed to find was weed, weed and more weed? confused

I've left andy lane in the left hand one for the weekend and hes struggling with only one bream and no carp, says hes spend 3 hours with a marker and cant find a clean spot? Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad

If theres anyone not fishing who can offer some advice would be gratefully received, otherwise I'm dropping down for an hour on sunday!
Fishmaster-Zero
Fishmaster-Zero
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Sat May 03, 2008 10:07 pm

Where your mate is fishing IS a weedy swim. There's a pot bed out in front (don't know if it's showing yet) about 40 yards. It's towards the masts in the distance. Either side of that are usually clear, and beyond it.

That swim became pretty much unfishable due to weed last summer.
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Sat May 03, 2008 10:08 pm

They're known as Russ's and Mallins. He's in Russ's. He may be better off moving into Mallins. That's certainly clearer.
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishmaster-Zero Tue May 06, 2008 8:08 am

Give it our best shot over the weekend, few liners, I had one run on the friday but the hook didnt take hold, and lane had a few breammover a 4 day session.

Are weed rakes allowed/effective on these swims as already there very weeded up?

Used a marker float and its thick with weed to well over 80 yards out, which makes any hope of pre-baiting difficult and presentation poor!

Andy Lane was a beaten man by Monday lunch time when he went home! Lol!
Fishmaster-Zero
Fishmaster-Zero
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Tue May 06, 2008 8:15 am

Yep. Weed rakes are allowed. I wouldn't bother with, let's say the Angling Intelligence ones. You'd be there for years !!! There's a weed rake on the lake somewhere. Last time I saw it, it was in the Secret swim. Feel free to use.
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishmaster-Zero Tue May 06, 2008 11:26 am

Thanks Keith!
Fishmaster-Zero
Fishmaster-Zero
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Tue May 06, 2008 12:29 pm

John Howard and I tried to rake out the swim Andy was first in last year. We were there in waders/boat, and must have shifted about 3 tonnes over 4-5 hours. To be honest, we wasted our time. It was up to the surface for 40 yards. Once it comes up (if it does this year), then it's not worth fishing there, because you can fish over it, but you'd never get a fish back to the bank. You'd need a boat, which isn't much fun.

To be honest, that's the weediest swim on the lake in the summer. Most of the other swims (Secret being the exception) are more than fishable once the weed gets up.
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishmaster-Zero Tue May 06, 2008 1:02 pm

Shame cause there loverly little swims as well, and ive seen soo many fish on them over the last coupe of weeks!

I've gone and got some final ingreadients to make a big batch of bait this week to try and get some of my own brand going in and get them on the feed!

Is there any swim that you would recomend I try? confused

I'm staying away from the House and its neighbouring pegs as there is always someone or somones bivvy on there, and I dont have the money or the time to feed a swim again only to find somones either on it, or its unfishable! Crying or Very sad

Im going down there friday night and stopping through to sunday so wanted to try and make a starting baiting up, and raking weed if neccessary tomorrow!
Fishmaster-Zero
Fishmaster-Zero
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Tue May 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Zero I'm not going to recommend any swims. That's up to you. What I will say is, is that the boys who do the best are those who keep bait going into the same swim regularly.
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishmaster-Zero Tue May 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Fair comment
Fishmaster-Zero
Fishmaster-Zero
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down