TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Loss & One Catch

3 posters

Go down

One Loss & One Catch Empty One Loss & One Catch

Post by The Welshman Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 am

Hiya chaps

Did a quick overnighter last night. Rods out for about 6ish. The missus and nippers brought me fish and chips up at around 7.30, and Mick and his missus turned up at about 8. After a bit of a chat, all visitors were half way back to the car park when my middle rod rattled off. The fish kited on a long line at least 50 yards to the right, neither taking or giving line. I called the visitors back, and Mick picked up the net. 10 seconds later, a few bump bump bumps and it was off. Gutted. That's the second fish I've lost like that in the last 3 sessions.

Anyway, the rod went straight back out to the same area, closely followed by another 100 baits.

At 11pm, I had a few bleeps on the same rod, and got out to investigate. Bobbin up to the top, and rod tip knocking. Leant into whatever it was, and it was evident that a carp was on the end. Not much of a scrap, and I thought it might be Billy Bunter again, but the culprit was a 13lb common, which, decided to fight like hell for the last 10 metres, managing to wipe out my other two rods, even though they were backleaded.

Nightmare unravelling the fish in the net, and it turned out the fish had been hooked in the mouth, but the hook had come out at some point in the fight (probably the last 10 metres), and had lodged in the fishes chin area. No photos, just a quick weigh, and straight back in the water, following a bit of anti-sceptic, given that the unravelling had taken a couple of minutes.

Then had to re-do all three rods, put two in the edge, and one out long, as I didn't want to cross lines on two long rods. Few beeps on the long rod again, and wound in a 3lb bream as I was packing away. Which had taken a double 18mm bottom bait !!

All in all, not a bad little session.

Cheers

Keith

The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

One Loss & One Catch Empty Re: One Loss & One Catch

Post by carpsy04 Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:58 am

keith them greedy bream do my head in aswell mate but at least your catching fella well done
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

One Loss & One Catch Empty Re: One Loss & One Catch

Post by swimmers_mate Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Well done matey Very Happy
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER