TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week!

+4
coventrycarpleads
The Welshman
carpsy04
silver fox
8 posters

Go down

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Empty Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week!

Post by silver fox Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Not to be outdone by our exploits the week before last Tardebigge Anglers are at it again this week on two different French venues! Keith, Si Deakin and Davy are fishing a 10acre pit in Normandy. So far Keith leads the way numerically with up to press 13 fish to mid 30's. Si's had 6 including two forties and Davy, after a swim move was off the mark this afternoon with a 29. Mark Walters is fishing another venue witha couple of his mates. He text Keith this morning with a list of fish too long to remember! It's well into double figues though with a 20lb cat and carp up to 39 plus so far! It looks like Keith or possibly Mark might be heading for a similar tally to jim's 32. I reckon any one of them is on for a biggie before saturday morning!? Watch this space and feel free to add any updates as you pick them up yourselves!
silver fox
silver fox
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Empty Re: Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week!

Post by carpsy04 Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:52 pm

yeah txt keith through the week and he's had 6 different pb's with the biggest being 44lb he had a brace of 30s one was 37,14lb and 36lb Davvy after the move had 3 fish a 39lb 29lb 22bl and he also lost 2 so the move was a good planSi's 40 was 40,9lb so all in all a very good week boyz....
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Empty Re: Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week!

Post by The Welshman Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:25 am

Hiya Chaps

Well, what can I say? WHAT a week. Me, Davvy and Si Deaks have had a right laugh (I had a feeling we would), some fantastic fishing, plenty of local refreshment and just generally, one of the best weeks I've ever experienced. It was my first time to France, and I'm now wondering why I haven't done it before.

We got to the fishery at 8am, after a gruelling journey. The 3 other lads who were going to be fishing with us (Ned, Rob and Mark) were already there, so we introduced ourselves, and had a walk around the lake. It soon became apparent that one end of the lake had had a hammering the week before, with one bloke having landed 44 fish (a lake record apparently), and those around him having 20+ fish, while up the other end of the lake, lads had had 8 - 12 fish in the week.

Fine - we tossed a coin for swims. Team Davvy or Team Mark (the other lads). Whichever team won the toss had first choice. Team who lost had choice of whichever swims were left. Davvy tossed up the coin and called (it was to be the first of a few coin toss losses for Dav). The other lads won, and plumped for the "going swims", and indeed, the ones we'd have chosen if we had our way. Bollocks. So, plan B was put into action, with Dav and Deaks going in the only other double swim (because apparently, they like to re-enact scenes from Brokeback Mountain), whilst I went as far away from everyone as I could. In fact, I couldn't see any of the other anglers at all for my first three nights.

From here on, I'll only tell my bit, as I'm sure Dav and Deaks would rather tell their own view of things. However, Dav and Deaks had to toss for the swims in their double, and Dav lost that one, which was to have a profound effect on his fishing for the week. Plus, there were due to be two other anglers turning up on the Thursday, which caused us problems with planning any moves etc (there are 11 swims on the lake). These people didn't turn up, which would have allowed earlier moves, or in Simon's case, would have allowed him to stay in the swim where he was catching lump after lump. So, to whoever these people were, who didn't turn up - thanks - you caused quite a few grey hairs amongst the 6 lads on the lake.

Anyway, I was lucky, as I was down the opposite end to where the fish had got smashed the week before. The general consensus of opinion of the lads there the week before, was to pile in the local particles, fish bow-string tight over the high gravel/stone bars, of which there are many in the lake. I didn't agree with that, as it looked like a nightmare, especially in the night (I got wiped out twice in the night anyway), so I decided to fish my usual style - slackish lines, backleaded, trying to ensure the lead would drop, so the fish would naturally come up in the water and over the bar. I bought a bucket of the local particles, and didn't use one grain, deciding to fish boilies only, introducing two/three handfulls of freebies from the boat. A few minor alterations to my normal set-up were made, namely a shockleader of about 30 yards, which was checked and walked out every time a fish was landed/lost, as the stone bars were harsh in places.

Anyway, enough of the chat - what did I have ? Well, in the end, I had 32 fish, and lost 7. I had 7 doubles, 14 x 20s, 10 x 30s and 1 x 40, breaking my British PB nine times in the process. The fishing was so manic that after the third day, and Davvy moving in next to me on the fourth day, I only fished two rods, because I was running out of bait and tackle (hooks and leads). If I'd have had more rigs/tackle etc, and didn't have so much social, I'd have had 50+ fish (any would have), because they had moved up my end, away from where they'd been nailed the week before. I also think the way we fished gave us an advantage, as everyone else seemed to be fishing tight to the lead, which looked completely stupid to me.

Anyway, here goes.............the photos of the 30s/40:

First Fish (Saturday) - 34lbs

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! FirstFish34lb

5th Fish (Monday) - 34lb 10oz

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! FourthFish34lb10oz4

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! FourthFish34lb10oz3

6th Fish (Monday) - 30lb 4oz

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! FifthFish30lb4oz5

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! FifthFish30lb4oz3

10th Fish (Monday) - 34lb

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 9thFish34lb6

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 9thFish34lb

16th Fish (Wednesday) - 37lb 14oz

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 15thFish37lb14oz6

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 15thFish37lb14oz2

17th Fish - (Wednesday) - 36lb

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 16thFish36lb3

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 16thFish36lb6

18th Fish (Wednesday) - 44lb

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 17thFish44lb3

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 17thFish44lb7

23rd Fish (Thursday) - 36lb 3oz

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 22ndFish36lb3oz4

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 22ndFish36lb3oz

26th Fish (Friday) - 30lb

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 25thFish30lb6

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 25thFish30lb3

29th Fish - (Friday) - 33lb 15oz

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 28thFish33lb15oz3

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 28thFish33lb15oz6

30th fish - (Friday) - 38lb 6oz

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 30thFish38lb6oz4

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! 30thFish38lb6oz9

Last edited by The Welshman on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coventrycarpleads Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:35 am

Well done mate sounds like a great week and some cracking fish !!
coventrycarpleads
coventrycarpleads
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by swimmers_mate Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:28 pm

16th fish how big is that rudder!!! Great result mate, you gonna make this a yearly adventure now?
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.heroesandvillains.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The villan Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi all had a great week, many laughs and times to remember! I ended up with 15 fish all mirrors, these included 1x double, 4x20's to 29. 7x30's 2 of which were 39 and 3 40's, 40.9, 41.6 and to top it off a beautiful fish of 48.6 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ( that i think i'm still owed 10 euro's each for boys)! A great week, great venue and even better company, cheers boys Very Happy Very Happy Pictures will folow soon!!!!
The villan
The villan
BREAM ANGLER
BREAM ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:28 am

30th fish for me Keith what a stunner mate very glad you all had a good time see you all soon

Simon Very Happy
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky-13 Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Awesome haulin boys!! An unbelievable first trip to France Keith!! Id like to see yours and Davvy's pics up tho aswell Mr deaks!!

Smile
Lucky-13
Lucky-13
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.blackmarketbaits.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by scruffy1 Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Here are a selection of some of the bigger fish I caught from Orchard Lake (Les Lacs de Verger). I had 32 fish also (weirdly), including one 40, 15 x 30s, 15 x 20s and 1 cat.

Here is a selection of the larger fish....................

35lb 14oz linear mirror.

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge094

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge093

39lb 4oz mirror

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge095

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge096

38lb 4oz mirror

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge118

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge119

36lb 8oz common

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge120

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge121

38lb 14oz mirror

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge131

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge132

40lb 2oz mirror

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge137

Tarde Boys hauling En Francais again this week! Frenchcarpingcambridge138

scruffy1
scruffy1
BREAM ANGLER
BREAM ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by swimmers_mate Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:51 pm

Mega fish mate Cool Top dangling!
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky-13 Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:53 am

Yep! Well done Mark. Absolutely Caned em!!
Lucky-13
Lucky-13
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Well in there Mark good angling kidda Very Happy
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by scruffy1 Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:09 pm

cheers lads ! very tiring week as you can see from the ' stupid duncy ' look on my face !
.......A big Thankyou to MIKE for the FABULOUS Lucky 13 ,Awesome bait . Out of the 62 fish caught on our trip the 13 caught 61 of them ! .........Also How weird Jimbo ,Keith & myself had 32 fish each on our French trips ! ... Laughing Laughing scratch
scruffy1
scruffy1
BREAM ANGLER
BREAM ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:23 pm

It is weird how Jim and I had 32 CARP !!!! Very Happy Very Happy
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by swimmers_mate Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:58 pm

No, what's more wierd is that i aint been fishin for about 32 friggin weeks1!!
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by scruffy1 Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:26 am

might have known the 'WELSHBOY' would pick flies ! Quote his words " its weird how me & jim caught 32 carp each " .......... Hes referring to me catching 32 fish but one of those was a catfish so therefore i only had 31 carp ,so was overhauled by himself & jim ! ..... geek geek WELSHBOY NITPICKER !!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
scruffy1
scruffy1
BREAM ANGLER
BREAM ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:21 am

Ahhhhh, Mr Walters !!!!

Sorry, mate. I didn't mean to be "catty", or "get my claws out", but we have to be puuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrfectly accurate, when it comes to the details of such things.

I look forward to seeing you on Saturday, when we can discuss miaaahow we're going to get amongst the pike later this year. I've been to Makro today, and seeing as you like a biscuit with your tea, I've gone and bought a load of Kit (e) Kats for us !!!

Cheers

The Welshman

PS I don't think your Marthamatics is too good !!!!!
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky-13 Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:07 pm

LoL. The level of inuendo on here is 'puss-itively 'cat-astrophic'!! seriously though, Id like to see the picture of that Cat and any other '13' caught fish from both the UK and abroad. If anyones got any that they can email to me and dont mind me using on flyers etc then I'd be more than grateful. Just send them to my hotmail address m.wilkescarpaddict@hotmail.com

Cool
Lucky-13
Lucky-13
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down