TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funny one from today..............

2 posters

Go down

Funny one from today.............. Empty Funny one from today..............

Post by The Welshman Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:20 pm

John Howard and I went across to Abbots Salford today, with John Maycroft (Corn Stores) for a spot of chub fishing on the Avon. Haven't done it in ages, Mr H has been hauling some specimen churvil, and was looking forward to getting out of the house.

So, at 7am this morning, I arrived at JH's house, we picked up John M, and we were on our way. Got to the river for first light, and walked the swims (about a mile upstream) with Mr H baiting likely looking spots with mashed bread. As we were walking through the fields, there were a lot of lads shooting, and one bloke in particular went out of his way to be friendly/chatty. We had a chat with him, and I told him that there were "at least half a dozen" Canadian geese on the field we'd just walked through. His response - "maybe you could go and beat them for me". Naaaaahh. We were on a chub mission.

Anyway, later in the morning, we were fishing a stretch of the river which backed onto the field where these "half a dozen" Canadian geese were. Indeed, a full two hours later, these geese were still in the same place we had seen them upon first arrival. John H commented about how they probably knew they were going to be shot, so were staying put. I said that they were "pinned down". Upon further inspection, none of them had moved for a good 10 minutes, and only then did we all realise that they were decoys !!!! The shooter who we'd spoken to earlier in the morning must have thought we were a right bunch of numpties !!!!

We had a very good laugh about how stupid we'd been with Jim, who had joined us for an hour with Kaiser. Happy birthday trespasser !!!

On the fishing front, it wasn't the greatest of days, however, Mr Howard managed a 4lb 4oz chubster.

All very enjoyable though.

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

Funny one from today.............. Empty Re: Funny one from today..............

Post by carpsy04 Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:36 pm

lol! lol! lol! very good this Keith has put a smile on my face wicked mate
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down