TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Island Swim is now fishable

4 posters

Go down

The Island Swim is now fishable Empty The Island Swim is now fishable

Post by The Welshman Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:17 am

Hiya chaps

The Island swim was getting to the point where it was unfishable, due to the pads. John G and I braved the fear of the Tarde Leopard/Puma/Panther/Lynx/Dobbin, and went up there tonight, and gave it a Brazilian !!! It took us about half an hour to get back to the car park, as we were loaded down with weapons/crucifix's/garlic/silver bullets etc.

We've got most of the pads out of there, so it's now fishable, although wouldn't recommend fishing where the pads were as there's a lot of horrible, shitty non-rooted weed and blue green algae around there. Reckon it'll need a good hoolie to clear that away. However, if you fish over the back of it, you'll be able to get the fish in.

The pike were straight in there, as the amount of 2 - 3 inch roach fry had to be seen to be believed. Quite a few strikes on the top, one of which was a full bosh. Great viewing.

Cheers

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

The Island Swim is now fishable Empty Re: The Island Swim is now fishable

Post by Jaseyb Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:30 am

Keith john nice work. Im not being ungratful but its been about three months since the last work party and it seems to be that you john and john(sorry anyone else) are doing alot of up keep while others are sitting back so whens the next work party?
Jaseyb
Jaseyb
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:10 am

nice 1 gents Lee was telling me that the swim was bad but you say if you cast over the pads it would be ok to fish it yes......
going up 2mora first time in a long time was planing to fish the island aswell i'll have a look how bad it is and i might fish somewhere else instead.... nice 1 again for the hard work you all put in but if you need any help with work up there im more than happy too give a hand thats if im not at work.....
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaseyb Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:33 am

No you never cast over pads ever not safe man. Do i miss understand your question?
Jaseyb
Jaseyb
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:48 am

i wouldn't do that jase i was reading what keith had wrote i would fish up and close to pads tho
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaseyb Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:55 am

I just come back on to post do u mean the roots that are left which u would need to do to get to most areas. Most pads are being thined to allow for fish playing and some are being left to stop people casting to other swims so russ told me
Jaseyb
Jaseyb
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:06 am

i dont get what you mean mate i wouldn't cast into pads if thats what you mean that would be crazy
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:59 am

Hi guys

We got the pads out by the roots, so it should, in theory, be fine to fish wherever you want in the swim now. Obviously, we snapped a few, as opposed to pulling them up "whole", but I think you will notice a big difference in there. You can fish short, medium and long.

The pads will be left in the house, as that creates a natural barrier/marks areas where we can't fish (i.e. over the back of the pads to the 3 trees/point).

Stoney Island now needs doing, but John and I made a pact last night that we'd leave that to someone else !!!! It's uncomfortable work, as the boat gets full of water.

Anyway - to summarise - the Island swim is now, pretty much, devoid of pads, so it's fine to fish where you want to.

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swimmers_mate Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Great work both! Now im back in the uk and got most of my family commitments out of the way for a while ill be back up the res and willing to lend a hand where neccessary.
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.heroesandvillains.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down