TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT **** STALKING SWIM & STONY ISLAND OUT OF BOUNDS - AS OF NOW *****

+2
luckylee
The Welshman
6 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT **** STALKING SWIM & STONY ISLAND OUT OF BOUNDS - AS OF NOW ***** Empty IMPORTANT **** STALKING SWIM & STONY ISLAND OUT OF BOUNDS - AS OF NOW *****

Post by The Welshman Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Hello All

I've just got off the phone to Russ, as have most of the bailiffs, I'd imagine. He's not a happy chap, so read this and digest it please, so you keep your ticket.

Russ said he witnessed a 20lb+ carp being caught today, with rips in it's mouth that were horrific - way beyond what you'd expect after a fight etc.

The pads in Stony Island, and the general difficulty of the stalking swim means that anyone hooking a fish in these swims has to hit and hold, and give the fish some serious pressure to get it in the net. Therefore, until Stony is "de-padded", then it is out of bounds. The stalking swim is out of bounds until we discuss it at the next bailiffs meeting. Anyone caught fishing these swims, once I've sent out text messages to all the "Res" numbers in my phone, will be asked to leave. If you receive a text off me (which means your number's in my phone), then please pass it on to your mates.

ALSO - I've heard a number of horror stories in the last month or so, where "line has snapped" or "frayed" etc whilst in the middle of a fight, meaning the hooked fish is trailing line/lead, until it can (hopefully) shed the hook. PLEASE can you pay close attention to your line. If you've got crappy old line - get yourself some new please - and not the cheapest money can buy. 15lb is minimum. Check it for any nicks/fraying as often as you can. And PLEASE - think about where you are setting your traps. If it's "dicy", then please look for other, easier spots. I heard an absolute shocker this weekend, where someone had put a rod in a ridiculously stupid place. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

As always - if you're unsure, please ask one of the bailiffs.

Cheers

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT **** STALKING SWIM & STONY ISLAND OUT OF BOUNDS - AS OF NOW ***** Empty Re: IMPORTANT **** STALKING SWIM & STONY ISLAND OUT OF BOUNDS - AS OF NOW *****

Post by luckylee Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:14 pm

i'm sad to here this, even thow i have not been there for 5 months, i hope all the lads take this seriously, as the fish are the reason we all are itching to get out, every time we have a spare minute, the checking of the line procedure is paramount, i have witnessed a few times that line care does not seem to be the most important thing, just because they dont want to strip 20 yards of because they will be under spooled and are two fukin tight, to buy a new spool of line, that is the only thing between you, the hook, and the fish, if that is not impotant, then its time to hang the rods back up in the shed, and look to a new sport, like playing on the motorway.
any way, thats my rant over, hope you are all ok lads, ill see you all soon.
luckylee.
luckylee
luckylee
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT **** STALKING SWIM & STONY ISLAND OUT OF BOUNDS - AS OF NOW ***** Empty Re: IMPORTANT **** STALKING SWIM & STONY ISLAND OUT OF BOUNDS - AS OF NOW *****

Post by Ryan Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Bad news Mad

Ryan
BREAM ANGLER
BREAM ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky-13 Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:08 am

Worth mentioning aswell, as hitting and holding and close range fishing in my experience are not the only causes of mouth damage, is when tying rigs that incorporate a stiff material direct to the hook you MUST use a hook with an upturned eye. I know Im telling most of you how to suck eggs but not everyone will be aware of the 'mechanics' of stiff links/chod rigs etc beyond their anti-eject properties. Put it this way, a downturned eye and maybe a straight eye will be levered out of a fish's mouth and cause a nasty tare. Its hard to explain without showing you but trust me the difference in how the two different types of hooks behave when pressure is applied to the line is a real eye opener. Nowadays I always use patterns such as Stiff Rigger MK2's when tying on stiff mono's and touch wood the hook marks ever since have been no worse than you would expect.

Mike
Lucky-13
Lucky-13
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.blackmarketbaits.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaseyb Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:08 am

I think the problem is not hooks or links it's people hitting and holding from the bank I believe that some members may have not fished weedy waters before and don't know anybetter this is where the boats come in to play.
If your in a swim with weed you must use the boat, hit the run if its heading for weed then in the boat you go get over the top of it and 9times out of 10 up the fish will pop straight in the net easy no damage

Perhaps there should be a meeting up the res with a demo on boat use as I know some don't feel happy using them or have never used one at all !

I spoke to Russ last night and to say he is unhappy is a rather large understatement

To catch fish you don't have to fish at all costs!!!!
I would rather blank then go home knowing I had damaged a fish
Jaseyb
Jaseyb
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:15 pm

very good points there, the bad thing is it takes something like this to bring to attention, sometimes the main line will brake but there's no excuse for line being knackered on your reels those who have!!!! get it changed....
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down