TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WORK PARTY - THIS WEEKEND - DETAILS

+5
carpsy04
swimmers_mate
silver fox
Jaseyb
The Welshman
9 posters

Go down

WORK PARTY - THIS WEEKEND - DETAILS Empty WORK PARTY - THIS WEEKEND - DETAILS

Post by The Welshman Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:34 am

Hello there chaps

It's that time of year again, when we get up the Res, and sort out what needs doing. The work party is this Saturday and Sunday, and we would ask members to attend one of the days, if they can.

This time, we will be sorting out the following swims:

* House
* Secret
* Long
* Tench (the main bulk of the work)
* Lopping of branches that impede casting from certain swims
* General maintenance as we see fit

If you can attend one of the days, then can you get up there for 9.30am. Please ensure you bring a cup (coffee and teas will be provided), tools (spades/shovels/hammers/screwdrivers/nails/screws - whatever you can lay your hands on). If you have a set of chest waders, please bring them along, too, as the Tench and House especially, may require some "in water" action.

Lunch will be a Banner's bap, and we will place a bulk order with Banners, and send someone down to get it.

Any problems, please give me, Jim, John, Russ or Martin a call. Otherwise, we'll see you up there on Saturday/Sunday.

Cheers

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

WORK PARTY - THIS WEEKEND - DETAILS Empty Re: WORK PARTY - THIS WEEKEND - DETAILS

Post by Jaseyb Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:19 pm

Bit short notice mate
Will see if I'm working or not
Jaseyb
Jaseyb
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

WORK PARTY - THIS WEEKEND - DETAILS Empty Re: WORK PARTY - THIS WEEKEND - DETAILS

Post by The Welshman Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:34 am

Hiya Jase

You may want to check your address details with Yvonne, as the newsletter was sent out 2/3 weeks ago, and there were details of the work party in there. If you didn't receive it, then you'll need to have a chat with Yvonne, so you get the next one.

Cheers

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Hello All

Another work party finished. Firstly - thanks to all members who attended. As always, your help is very much appreciated, and is mentally noted.

We have managed to sort out the House peg - new boards were fitted, and the area levelled, so a one-man bivvy can now be fairly easily accomodated on there. We've also tidied the left hand side of the swim, to provide maximum room for rods/unhooking mat etc. The steps down to the swim have been re-done also. All it needs is bark chipping, and that'll hopefully happen next weekend. Once the chippings are down, it'll be back to former glories, no doubt.

The Secret and Long Hole steps were also re-done as they were becoming a little bit dodgy, and room made at the top of the bank for a bivvy above the Secret. Jason hacked and whacked a couple of large stumps out, so good man, Jay, for sorting that out. Jason also cleared the Signs swim, so that's now fishable. Worked like a trojan, as did Wednesbury Paul. Thanks lads.

On the other side, John and Jim's lads have done a fantastic job on the Tench, making it bigger, level, and re-framed (i.e. safe !!). Again - it needs bark chippings, but that'll be done as soon as.........

Once again - spot on to everyone who went down yesterday, in showery/blustery conditions, and sorted it out. The lads who turned up this morning only had a little bit to do.

Just a quick note, Grant is hopefully delivering some bark chippings next week at some point (thanks very much mate). If anyone fancies it, we'll be bark chipping the swims probably next weekend. May be an opportunity to set up the fishing kit, and then help out with the last bit of work that needs doing to make the old place as good as it can be for the coming season. (??)

See you on the bank soon.

Cheers

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

WORK PARTY - THIS WEEKEND - DETAILS Empty Jobs well done!

Post by silver fox Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Just to echo what Keith said. It was a real pleasure to work with you guys on Saturday and put the chosen swims back into top order. Remember any syndicate is only as good as its members and the attitude of those who attended this weekend was first rate. Everyone mucked in, showing a whole array of skills, to make all our lives both more comfortable and safe when fishing the Res. Another month and the trees will be back in leaf and the House and Tench swims will certainly be in demand for those who like their creature comforts. Don't forget syndicate subs. need to be paid up in the next few days by existing members. I'm confident some lucky/skillful member will be posing with a 35 plus carp before late May and spawning. As slack lines are the new "rock n roll" I'll wish you slack lines followed by tight lines and a ticking clutch.
Thanks once again,
enjoy the new season,
John
silver fox
silver fox
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by swimmers_mate Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Well it sounds like some great work has been acheived again in fairly rough conditions over the weekend. I for one am greatful to everyone who managed to get up there and give up there free time for the benefit of others. Hopefully i will make it to the next work party and 'do my bit' Cheers and all the best. Neil.
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.heroesandvillains.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:26 pm

Neil

I still have nightmares regarding me, you, Russ and 5 builders bags of chippings on Jim's boat.

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by swimmers_mate Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Mate, any input from me in future will be terra firma based after last years events affraid
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Went down the Res for my lunch, and caught Mr Gilbert sneaking a cheeky day session in. The cad.

Anyway, just wanted to post a quick thanks to Grant for bringing bark chippings up. Will be having a pop at getting them spread out this weekend.

Cheers chaps.

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:57 pm

nice one Grant for that mate i can pop up wenesday morning after taking Fin to school and put so down aswell Keith if you want cant do the weekend as im working might sneak abit of bait in while im there
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by indyrich Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Sorry I couldn't make the work party chaps, I was away for the weekend. Walked the dogs up there Tuesday night whilst collecting my membership and looks really good. Keith, I can pop up this weekend and help with the chippings, when are you going up?

Rich
indyrich
indyrich
BREAM ANGLER
BREAM ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by matt chef Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:06 pm

kieth you spreading sunday ? i can give you a lift if you like mate
matt chef
matt chef
BREAM ANGLER
BREAM ANGLER

http://www.huffcapgreatalne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stu Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:25 pm

What time are you starting tomorrow Keith , will see if I can get there to give a hand

stu
NODDY
NODDY

Back to top Go down

Post by grantd Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:03 am

do you want me to bring the quad and trailer on sunday ?
grantd
grantd
BREAM ANGLER
BREAM ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by swimmers_mate Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Most of its been spread about this morning grant. Ill let keith decide if he needs any assistance though. Looking great up there now, was tempted to go and get the rods Cool
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Hiya chaps

Sorry for the no communication. I was out all day Thursday and Friday.

Thanks to Neil, Les, Stu and Grubby for popping down yesterday. We managed to get most of the swims done that needed chipping, and as Neil said, it's looking good down there now. Still a little bit to be done, but most of it can be done with barrows/boat etc (thanks for the offer, Grant).

As stated - sorry for not replying to the boys who've offered their time, but I've been away from the laptop for a while.

Cheers boys - and will see you up there soon.

Keith

The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down