TARDEBIGGE ANGLERS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MORE PIKE !!! Being delivered this afternoon between 2 - 4pm (if anyone's interested)

+2
coventrycarpleads
The Welshman
6 posters

Go down

MORE PIKE !!! Being delivered this afternoon between 2 - 4pm (if anyone's interested) Empty MORE PIKE !!! Being delivered this afternoon between 2 - 4pm (if anyone's interested)

Post by The Welshman Sat May 08, 2010 11:44 am

If anyone's interested in popping down. Wear your waterproofs !!
The Welshman
The Welshman

http://www.cardiffcity.com

Back to top Go down

MORE PIKE !!! Being delivered this afternoon between 2 - 4pm (if anyone's interested) Empty Re: MORE PIKE !!! Being delivered this afternoon between 2 - 4pm (if anyone's interested)

Post by coventrycarpleads Sat May 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Keith will you be putting some photos of them up again and some weights and numbers
coventrycarpleads
coventrycarpleads
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

MORE PIKE !!! Being delivered this afternoon between 2 - 4pm (if anyone's interested) Empty Re: MORE PIKE !!! Being delivered this afternoon between 2 - 4pm (if anyone's interested)

Post by The Welshman Sun May 09, 2010 9:13 am

Hi Dean

Yep. 31 pike went in yesterday afternoon. Similar to the last lot, really. 20 of them were jacks (and not of the Swansea variety), between 5 - 10lb. I'd say around 10 were doubles, with the largest being around 15lb (ish) - we didn't offically weigh any of these, as my unhooking mat was in the car, under all my gear. Indyrich took some photos, so once I've unpacked all my stuff, and I've got some time, I'll post up a couple of Jim holding up the larger ones.

That's 69 pike that have gone in to Tarde in the last week. Coupled with the dozen or so that have been in there for years. What I like about it, is that (a) they'll have a good go at the bream, roach and hybrids, but also (b) it provides more value for the ticket, as those members who are inclined, can fish into the winter, and get a bend in their rod.

As stated, we'll come up with a set of rules for piking, and a "start date" for the pike fishing. I don't think it'll be difficult, and the main issue will be whether or not we can livebait. That'll be completely up to Russ. The usual pike fishing rules will apply, I'm guessing - wire traces/foreceps/no coarse deadbaits (i.e the blast frozen ones you can buy in the tackle shops). But that'll be up to the bailiffs to come up with a draft set of rules, which we'll no doubt put on here for discussion.

Cheers

Keith

Last edited by The Photographer on Sun May 09, 2010 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Sun May 09, 2010 11:40 am

Hi All

Here's a couple of photos of two of the better fish, wonderfully modelled by James Gilbert Esq......I'd put these at low - mid doubles.

MORE PIKE !!! Being delivered this afternoon between 2 - 4pm (if anyone's interested) IMG_0782

MORE PIKE !!! Being delivered this afternoon between 2 - 4pm (if anyone's interested) IMG_0787

And here's one of James looking slightly scared, and quite frankly, a bit of a jessy !!!! ...............

MORE PIKE !!! Being delivered this afternoon between 2 - 4pm (if anyone's interested) IMG_0786
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by coventrycarpleads Sun May 09, 2010 11:48 am

it could be an interesting winter Smile
coventrycarpleads
coventrycarpleads
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky-13 Sun May 09, 2010 1:17 pm

And hopefully a more ecologically balanced fishery! Everyone a winner!
Smile
Lucky-13
Lucky-13
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.blackmarketbaits.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Sun May 09, 2010 3:04 pm

its nice to see you smiling Jim lol!
even if you do look a bit scared on the 3rd picture
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbo Sun May 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Well you did say I looked a bit miserable on the last ones! Don't worry I'm familiar with the ways of pike, I gotta say the photographer caught me out there!
jimbo
jimbo
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by swimmers_mate Sun May 09, 2010 8:18 pm

They're gonna be some fat pike in the res if they get stuck in the bream Very Happy
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.heroesandvillains.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by carpsy04 Mon May 10, 2010 9:53 am

you no what they say the camera never lies.....lol
lets all hope they munch there way through the bloody bream and become right FAT GIRLS lets have a bet on who catches the first 20lb come this winter only something small lets say a £5 what you lot think???
carpsy04
carpsy04
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Welshman Mon May 10, 2010 12:12 pm

HI Simon

I'm up for that. Might ask Russ to do something on a "Biggest Pike" competition at the meeting. Good idea.

The best bit about it all for me, is that this'll encourage a few of us to try for the pike, whereas before the stockings, there were only a handful in Tardebigge. If one of us lands one of the "original" pike, then we could be on for a BIG suprise.

Cheers

Keith
The Welshman
The Welshman

Back to top Go down

Post by swimmers_mate Mon May 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Tardebigge Reservoir Home of the PIKIES!!!
swimmers_mate
swimmers_mate
CARP ANGLER
CARP ANGLER

http://www.heroesandvillains.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down